Wildflowers quotes will be useful and amusing to anyone who loves these flowers. If you enjoy wildflowers on the slopes of forests or those that randomly appear in the garden, this article is for you.
Do you enjoy flowers in wild colors like purple-red, expressions of bright yellow, and unusual shades of blue found only in the forest? Today’s quotes are dedicated to those flowers.
If you just like to read about flowers because such reading is relaxing, then this article is for you as well. The article is actually for all those who want to feel inspired, calm, and beautiful after reading it.
Let’s read the wonderful 97 wildflowers quotes that we have prepared for you.
Our Favorite Wildflowers Quotes
1. “I think I like wildflowers best. They just grow wherever they want. No one has to plant them. And then their seeds blow in the wind and they find a new place to grow.” – Rebecca Donovan
2. “One basic weakness in a conservation system based wholly on economic motives is that most members of the land community have no economic value. Wildflowers and songbirds are examples.” – Aldo Leopold
3. “Wildflowers? she asked, confused. She said you liked them. She said to tell you to braid them into your hair.” – Cat Patrick
4. “He’s the path lined with wildflowers, And I’m Red Riding Hood. I’ve been warned, but I just can’t resist the blossom and perfume that calls me over.” – Liz Reinhardt
5. “Nobody but a person fond of natural history can imagine the pleasure of strolling under cocoa nuts in a thicket of bananas and coffee plants and an endless number of wildflowers.” – Charles Darwin
6. “Wildflowers are the loveliest of all because they grow in uncultivated soil, in those hard, rugged places where no one expects them to flourish.” – Micheline Ryckman
7. “Chase your wildflower dreams, because even the smallest buds can become something beautiful.” – C.V. Sutherland
8. “To be elated over a bird’s nest or a wildflower in spring, these are some of the rewards of the simple life.” – John B.
9. “Love is like a beautiful flower which I may not touch, but whose fragrance makes the garden a place of delight just the same.” – Helen Keller
10. “I am a wildflower – beautiful, wild and free.” – Unknown
11. “I wake up thinking: What am I reading? What will I read next? I’m terrified that I’ll run out, that I will read through all I want to, and be forced to learn wildflowers at last, to keep awake.” – Annie L.
Insightful Quotes About Wildflowers
12. “Do you suppose she is a wildflower?” – Lewis Carrol
13. “Wildflowers can’t be controlled, and neither can the girl with a soul boundless as the sky and a spirit as free and wild as the ocean.” – Melody Lee
14. “Flowers are restful to look at. They have neither emotions nor conflicts.” – Sigmund Freud
15. “Don’t let the tall weeds cast a shadow on the beautiful flowers in your garden.” – Steve Maraboli.
16. “A strange breeze rustled through the clearing, temporarily overpowering the stink of trash and murk. It brought the smell of berries and wildflowers and clean rainwater, things that might’ve once been in these woods. Suddenly I was nostalgic for something I’d never known.” – Rick R.
17. “I think that people tend to associate the word “wild” with something that is used up and dirty; but I associate the word “wild” with wildflowers, wild roses, things in fields that haven’t been hurt yet! So let’s be things in fields that have healed and that have grown. Let’s be wild.” – C.J.
18. “Flowers whisper ‘Beauty!’ to the world, even as they fade, wilt, fall.” – Dr. Sun Wolf
19. “I dream of a quiet man who explains nothing and defends nothing, but only knows where the rarest wildflowers are blooming, and who goes, and finds that he is smiling not by his own will.” – Wendell Berry
20. “If all flowers wanted to be roses, nature would lose her springtime beauty and the fields would no longer be decked out with little wildflowers.” – Therese L.
21. “To those whom the tree, the birds, the wildflowers represent only “locked-up dollars” have never known or really seen these things.” – Edwin Way Teale
22. “I dream of a quiet man who explains nothing and defends nothing, but only knows where the rarest wildflowers are blooming, and who goes, and finds that he is smiling not by his own will.” – Wendell Berry
Motivational Wildflower Quotes
23. “My friend, it is not in my power to give… a sound and healthy friendship is the growth of time and circumstance, it will spring up and thrive like a wildflower when these favor, and when they do not, it is in vain to look for it.” – William W.
24. “Grief is like a wildflower: It can erupt from the ground anywhere it chooses, when it blossoms we must be careful not to step on it. Instead, we honor its existence and appreciate that love made it bloom.” – Zoe Clark
25. “To find the universal elements enough; to find the air and the water exhilarating; to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter… to be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird’s nest or a wildflower in spring – these are some of the rewards of the simple life.” – John B.
26. “Flowers don’t worry about how they’re going to bloom. They just open up and turn toward the light and that makes them beautiful.” – Jim Carrey
27. “Wildflowers can’t be controlled, and neither can the girl with a soul boundless as the sky and a spirit as free and wild as the ocean.” – Melody Lee
28. “Periods in the wilderness or desert were not lost time. You might find life, wildflowers, fossils, and sources of water. I wish there were shortcuts to wisdom and self-knowledge: cuter abysses or three-day spa wilderness experiences. Sadly, it doesn’t work that way. I so resent this.” – Anne Lamott
29. “Forever that girl who gets excited running through a wildflower meadow under a sugar coral sky.” – Labhandar Rós
30. “There are as many ways of loving as there are people, and that wildflower variety is the great beauty of this dimension of existence.” – Rumi
31. “If all flowers wanted to be roses, nature would lose her springtime beauty and the fields would no longer be decked out with little wildflowers.” – Therese of Lisieux
32. “So I ran fearing not where I’d go
When a flower grows wild
It can always survive
Wildflowers don’t care where they grow.” – Dolly Parton
Poetry Among The Wildflowers Quotes
33. “People from a planet without flowers bloom would think we must be mad with joy the whole time to have such things about us.” – Iris Murdoch
34. “Almost every person, from childhood, has been touched by the untamed beauty of wildflowers.” – Lady Bird Johnson
35. “If I had to describe the scent of Michigan in spring and summer, it wouldn’t be a particular smell – blooming wildflowers or boat exhaust off the lake – it would be a color – Green.” – Viola Shipman
36. “Magic exists. Who can doubt it, when there are rainbows and wildflowers, the music of the wind and the silence of the stars?” – Nora R.
37. “Here’s the thing about wildflowers: They take root wherever they are, and grow strong through the wind, rain, pain, sunshine, blue skies, and starless nights. They dance, even when it seems there is nothing worth dancing for. They bloom, with or without you.” – Alisa G.
38. “She sprouted love like flowers, grew a garden in her mind, and even on the darkest days, from her smile the sun still shined.” – Erin Hanson
39. “In Austin, the eco-capital of Texas, residents tend to favor native plants and wildflowers to the sculpted lawns of the Palm Springs variety.” – Douglas Brinkley
40. “Many times I have made a plea to save wildflowers along the fence rows. The sumac, the wild roses, the wisteria, the sunflowers, the feathers stay in the fence rows and can be a nesting spot for quail, rabbits, birds, and other small animals.” – Lady Bird Johnson
41. “My twenties were about exploring love and being a wildflower and trying to figure everything out. Now I’m not comfortable being that happy wildflower anymore, but I still don’t feel like a woman. I wonder when that moment’s going to hit.” – Drew Barrymore
42. “Love is like wildflowers; It’s often found in the most unlikely places.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
43. “May your life be like a wildflower, growing freely in the beauty and joy of each day?” – Native American Proverb
Wildflower Sayings By Famous People
44. “Let me drink from the waters where the mountain streams flood Let the smell of wildflowers flow free through my blood Let me sleep in your meadows with the green grassy leaves Let me walk down the highway with my brother in peace Let me die in my footsteps Before I go down under the ground.” – Bob Dylan
45. “She wore flowers in her hair and carried magic secrets in her eyes.” – Arundhati Roy
46. “Wildflower corners are easy to maintain, but once gone, they are hard to rebuild.” – Aldo Leopold
47. “Break open a cherry tree and there are no flowers, but the spring breeze brings forth myriad blossoms.” – Ikkyu Sojun
48. “A sound and healthy friendship is the growth of time and circumstance, it will spring up and thrive like a wildflower when this favor, and when they do not, it is in vain to look for it.” – William Wordsworth
49. “Wildflowers don’t grow haphazardly as we are led to believe. They grow in fantastic patterns which are different to each of us you see.” – Anthony T. Hincks
50. “It is easier to tell a person what life is not, rather than to tell them what it is. A child in a garden understands weeds that grow from lack of attention. However, it is hard to explain the wildflowers that one gardener calls weeds, and another considers beautiful ground cover.” – Shannon L. Alder
51. “To see a world in a grain of sand and a heaven in a wildflower.” – William Blake
52. “No matter what conditions look like around you, keep on believing, keep on persisting, keep on going, keep on growing. Just like wildflowers grow wherever they choose, no matter the conditions, be and be becoming all that you were created to be and become.” – Sandra B.
53. “I’m going to give you a handful of wildflowers so, each petal that falls will remind you that the earth breathes, and the moon rises.” – Carolyn Riker
54. “If we could see the miracle of a single flower, clearly our whole life would change.” – Gautama Buddha
Inspirational Wildflowers Quotes
55. “Wildflowers aren’t meant to be cut & tamed. They’re meant to be loved & admired.” – Anthony T. Hincks
56. “You belong among the wildflowers. You belong in a boat out at sea. You belong with your love on your arm. You belong somewhere you feel free.” – Tom Petty
57. “Man has created some lovely dwellings, some soul-stirring literature. He has done much to alleviate physical pain. But he has not… created a substitute for a sunset, a grove of pines, the music of the winds, the dank smell of the deep forest, or the shy beauty of a wildflower.” – Harvey Broome
58. “In life, you either choose to sing a rainbow, or you don’t. Keep singing.” – Kathleen Long
59. “Men do change, and change comes like a little wind that ruffles the curtains at dawn, and it comes like the stealthy perfume of wildflowers hidden in the grass.” – John Steinbeck
60. “Wildflowers are the loveliest of all because they grow in uncultivated soil, in those hard, rugged places where no one expects them to flourish.” – Micheline Ryckman
61. “One person’s weed another person’s joy.” – A.S. Byatt
62. “To a slow clock of condensation, an echo trapped forever, and a flutter of wildflowers in the lift shaft… And in a disused shed in Co. Wexford.” –Derek Mahon.
Heart-Warming Quotes About Wildflowers
63. “Very little grows on jagged rock. Be ground. Be crumbled, so wildflowers will come up where you are.” – Rumi
64. “Colour is as variable and evanescent in the form of pigment as in visible nature.” – Walter J. Phillips
65. “They descended on a little plateau covered in purple and orange wildflowers, its grasses hissing in the wind. Abraxos was practically grunting with joy, and Manon, her exhaustion as heavy as the red cloak she wore, didn’t bother to reprimand him.” – Sarah J. Maas
66. “One of the best gifts you can give a poet is to present them with field guides – to rocks, to stars, to birds, to wildflowers, to trees and bushes, to butterflies, to reptiles and amphibians.” – Marge Piercy
67. “The sunlight dances in her hair as she reaches for the sky. She loves the rain, her spirit is free, and she is the most beautiful wildflower that grows by the sea.” – C. Anne Martine
68. “All that mattered was the hum of the bees and the chirp of birdsong, the way the sun gleamed on the edge of a blue wildflower, the distant bleat, and the clink of grazing goats.” – Alison Croggon
69. “I think the names of colors are at the edge, between where language fails and where it’s at its most powerful.” – A.S. Byatt
70. “The colors live a remarkable life of their own after they have been applied to the canvas.” – Edvard Munch
71. “Here’s the thing about wildflowers they take root wherever they are and grow strong through the wind, rain, pain, sunshine, blue skies, and starless nights they dance, even when it seems there is nothing worth dancing for they bloom with or without you.” – Alisha Christensen
72. “To be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird’s nest or a wildflower in spring – these are some of the rewards of the simple life.” – John Burroughs
73. She thought the dandelions could tell her secrets that the wind whispered and that no rose was quite as beautiful as a field full of wildflowers — because, of course, she was one herself — a wildflower, that is. Blooming beautifully in the most unexpected places.” – B. Diaz
74. “In another time’s forgotten space, your eyes looked through your mother’s face, wildflower seed on the sand and stone, may the four winds blow you safely home.” – Robert Hunter
Wildflowers Quote By Artists
75. “Men do change, and change comes like a little wind that ruffles the curtains at dawn, and it comes like the stealthy perfume of wildflowers hidden in the grass.” – John Steinbeck
76. “Why do two colors, put one next to the other, sing? Can one really explain this?” – Pablo Picasso
77. “We may not be able to do them all, but it is a safe place to dream. And sometimes, if you really work hard enough, dreams come true.” – Drew Barrymore
78. “Dare to love yourself as if you were a rainbow with gold at both ends.” – Aberjhani
79. “Suffice it to say that black and white also color… for their simultaneous contrast is as striking as that of green and red, for instance.” – Vincent van Gogh
80. “Colors produce a corresponding spiritual vibration, and it is only as a step towards this spiritual vibration that the elementary physical impression is of importance.” – Wassily Kandinsky
81. “I didn’t wave my daisy. I felt small, the way an ant must feel looking up at a field of wildflowers. I was nothing. I was trapped below flowers, buried under them, while girls like Lizzie Lovett danced overhead. That was life. We all have a place.” – Chelsea Sedoti
82. “I will be the gladdest thing under the sun! I will touch a hundred flowers and not pick one.” – Edna St. Vincent Millay
83. “The more an object is polished or brilliant, the less you see its own color and the more it becomes a mirror reflecting the color of its surroundings.” – Eugene Delacroix
84. “I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn’t say any other way – things I had no words for.” – Georgia O’Keeffe
85. “How do you press a wildflower into the pages of an e-book?”- Lewis Buzbee
Beautiful WildFlower Quotes
86. “An excellent book is something as natural, and as unexpectedly and unaccountably fair and perfect, as a wildflower discovered on the prairies of the West or in the jungles of the East.” – Henry David Thoreau
87. “Like a wildflower, she spent her days allowing herself to grow. Not many people knew of her struggle but, eventually, all knew of her light.” – Nikki Rowe
88. “You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep spring from coming.” – Pablo Neruda
89. “It’s okay if you’re not yet where you want to be. Remember: you don’t always notice the sun rising in the sky until, one day, you feel its warmth touching your face and you realize how much you have grown.” – April Green
90. “The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.” – Unknown
91. “Mere color, unspoiled by meaning, and unallied with definite form, can speak to the soul in a thousand different ways.” – Oscar Wilde
92. “She wore flowers in her hair and carried magic secrets in her eyes.” – Arundhati Roy
Rarest Wildflowers Quotes Worth Knowing
93. “Literature is a vast forest and the masterpieces are the lakes, the towering trees or strange trees… but a forest is also made up of ordinary trees, patches of grass, puddles, clinging vines, mushrooms, and little wildflowers.” – Roberto Bolano
94. “I hope you are blessed with a heart like a wildflower. Strong enough to rise again after being trampled upon, tough enough to weather the worst of summer storms, and able to grow and flourish even in the most broken places.” – Nikita Gill
95. “I was so struck by the magnificent beauty of the sunset, I sat there, quiet. The silence allowed me to ask myself: What if I did get the chance at life all over again? What would I do differently?” – Drew Barrymore
96. “Let’s be wildflowers; let our souls be scattered by the wind. Let us grow, wild and free, tall and brave, in the places that we dream, in the places where our longings are filled. Let us grow between the cracks of brokenness, and we will make everything beautiful.” – G.C
97. “All that mattered was the hum of the bees and the chirp of birdsong, the way the sun gleamed on the edge of a blue wildflower, the distant bleat, and the clink of grazing goats.” – Allison Croggon
Like A Wildflower: Wrapping Up
We hope you enjoyed our article on wildflowers quotes. For all lovers of these flowers, this article must have been an interesting read.
For those of you who are encountering quotes about flowers for the first time, we are sure you already have your favorites.
Write them down in a small notebook and keep them for special occasions. Maybe you will cheer up a loved one with a wonderful message in a bouquet.
Flowers for Aquarius are mostly wildflowers, so make sure you check them out if you enjoy this type of flower.
That would be all for today. See you tomorrow with similar topics!